Due to the difficult situation in Chernihiv, many families with children are still hiding in basements and other bomb shelters in the city. They do not have the opportunity to leave: the cost of transportation services for the population is simply off the scale, plus the city is under constant shelling by the occupiers.
In honor of March 8, a “green corridor” was announced in the city, which we decided to use. On two cars from Chernihiv to our “Life Saving Center” we took 13 people:
- Akulenko Marina Nikolaevna, 38 years old.
- Akulenko Angelina Alekseevna, 11 years old.
- Zhir Vladislava Pavlovna, 16 years old.
- Britann Natalia Sergeevna, 36 years old.
- Britan Vladislav Maksimovich, 16 years old.
- Maslyuk Nikita Aleksandrovich, 12 years old.
- Shchupakova Galina Petrovna, 37 years old.
- Shchupakov Daniil Pavlovich, 4 years old.
- Krotova Evgeniya Pavlovna, 11 years old.
- Paley Elena Leonidovna, 38 years old.
- Paley Ivan Vasilyevich, 13 years old.
- Paley Ilya Vasilyevich, 18 years old.
- Kozlik Valentina Nikolaevna, 64 years old.
All these people waited out the shelling in the basements, not having a chance to leave the city on their own.
We planned to return to the Center on 03/08/22, but did not have time before the curfew. I had to spend the night in the shooting range of the school and continue the journey the next morning.
Families with children stayed in our center for one day. At this time, journalists from the BBC came to us to interview the rescued families.
The next day we found a comfortable vehicle and helped the families go to Western Ukraine.
We sincerely hope that in this really difficult time, our example will inspire other people with the means and strength to help those who actively need it.